Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Tuesday Treats - Coke/Butterfinger Cake

I baked two new recipes, a Coca-Cola cake and a Butterfinger cake, last week for Bible study. Then, we had a neighborhood barbecue over the weekend and I decided to experiment. I combined the two recipes and ended up with a scrumptious dessert. You must try this out, but beware... it is not diet friendly!

Ingredients
1 cup coke
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 cup butter, softenened
1 3/4 cups sugar
2 large eggs, slightly beaten
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
1 jar caramel sauce/topping
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 large Cool-Whip
1 king size Butterfinger bar

Directions
Preheat oven to 350. Combine coke and buttermilk and set aside. Beat butter at slow speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until blended. Add eggs and vanilla/ beat at low speed until blended.  Combine flour, cocoa, and baking soda in separate bowl. Add to butter mixture alternately with coke mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed until blended after each addition. Stir in marshmallows. Pour batter into a greased and floured 13x9 inch pan.  Bake at 350 for 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from oven. Cool for 10 minutes.  While it's still hot, use a fork to punch holes all over the top of the cake. Combine the sweetened condensed milk and caramel and pour mixture evenly over cake.  Cool cake completely. Cover cake with Cool Whip. Top with crushed Butterfinger.

Sorry I don't have a picture. I was too busy eating and then wallowing in my misery from the richness of the cake.

No comments: