This movie was the absolute chick flick I had been hoping for when I rented Revolutionary Road last week. In case you've been living under a rock the past few years, author Greg Behrends wrote a best selling novel a few years ago to tell women that when a guy doesn't call or ask you her out, he's not into you. He parlayed the book success into a daytime talk show, but it must not have been as good, because it's no longer on. However, the screenplay adapted from the book is a real winner!
There are enough different story lines throughout the movie, that I didn't get bored with any of them. And, it's all so relevant! I wish every dating woman could see this movie! The theory is that the lie little girls are told, "Little Timmy pulled your hair because he likes you," is the cause of 25 year-old women who can't stop calling or stalking a guy because there is obviously some reason he didn't call her back after getting her number or going on a first date or meeting at a party. If you weren't one of those women, you knew one of them, or five of them. Women make up all kinds of excuses. He's intimidated by me. He lost my number. He must be busy with work. He might have gone out of town. Not matter what the excuses are, this movie squashes all of them.
It was so entertaining that I'll probably rent it again. And, I think I'll get it again when Daniel's home. I called it a chick flick, but I think he'll be just as entertained by He's Just That Into You.

2 comments:
Shane took me to see this for Valentine's and he really enjoyed it as well.
We just rented this recently, and thought it was quite entertaining.
Nathan enjoyed it as well.
You must already know this-- the writers of the self-help book were writers/consultants on Sex & the City and the concept started with a Miranda storyline. Just a little SATC trivia for you.
Post a Comment