Saturday, April 11, 2009

Door to Door to Door

To honor the Great Commission on Good Friday, well, as much as we could with a 2 and 4-year-old, we started with cupcakes. (I'll get to the Commission part later...) I tried a trick I found in a blog this week and went with the cake mix, but used fruit punch instead of water. It wasn't fantastic as the blogger had suggested and just tasted like cake mix to me, so I wished I had baked from scratch. But, we had three boxes of batter mixed up with the punch so there was no turning back. 

We ended up with 75 cupcakes.


And though they weren't a taste bud's marvel, I did whip up some butter cream frosting that was very tasty. And, we dipped them in sugar crystals to top them off.


Once they were all ready to eat, we loaded up the wagon and went to the houses on our block and delivered each family a plate of cupcakes and an invitation to our church's Good Friday and Easter services. The kids were so eager to invite people to church and I was amazed at how friendly they were.  Hopefully we can continue this tradition each year. It was a fun way to spend the morning with the kids, and the neighbors all enjoyed their treats. 

No comments: